Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Modest matrimony

My sister Krissie married Keith White on Oct. 8. It was a small gathering of family and friends at my family's church, Saltillo United Methodist. I was the maid of honor, so I didn't get to take any pictures during the ceremony, just before and after. So, without further ado, Wedding Mania '05.


The entrance.


Casey, waiting for his mom to come outside and prepare to walk the aisle. He and Patrick, instead of my dad, gave her away. It was really sweet.


Patrick and his cousin (?) Dylan (?) waiting for the ceremony to start.


This was taken after the ceremony, while everyone was taking pictures in front of the altar. The flower petals were dropped by my sister's step-granddaughters, one of whom ran out of petals halfway down the aisle and ran back in embarrassment. I'm not really sure whose shoe that is.


I wish this one wasn't so blurry, but all my photos are blurry. Anyway, I think it's cute because my sister is covering her mouth so she's probably laughing at something inappropriate.


My dad cozied up to the radio to eat his reception food so he could hear the UT game. They lost, but it didn't really dampen his spirits, as you'll see later.


Cutting the cake. No cake was forcefully crammed into any mouths, surprisingly enough.


My brother made up a little tune he called "The Wedding Song," and my dad wandered in and made up a little dance for it. It was hilarious. I'm not sure if the hilarity translates in these photos. Just trust me.


It reminded me so much of David Brent's improvised dance, only my dad's dance wasn't horrifying and embarrassing and we were laughing.


Hee.


Still not sure whose shoe that was.


Birdseed to hurl at the happy couple. My sister got off a lot lighter than at her last wedding, where we pelted the couple with rice and sprayed them with SuperSoakers. We had also piled baby powder in front of the car's vents (it was June, so the AC came on and poofed it in their faces) and we tied cans to the bumper and wrote all over the windows. Oh yeah, and we greased the door handles.


This time around, no one had come prepared to vandalize their truck, so as the couple was getting ready to come outside to leave, my brother went next door to the convenience store and bought some shoe polish. As he was writing all over the truck, they came outside and caught us cheering Evan's vandalism on. That's when we pelted them with birdseed and they sped off into the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home